Plants & Friends Jingan Park
Plants & Friends Jingan Park
2. SHORT TEASER
Dive with our qualified nature guides into Shanghai’s city parks and learn in a fun way about the wonders of nature in your neighborhood.
3. EVENT ITINERARY
00:00 meet at Jingan Park Nanjing West Rd entrance behind the bronze rhino sculpture
00:10 enter park & briefing
0:15 plants & friends walk
2:45 summary & return to entrance
3:00 good-bye and pick-up Jingan Park Nanjing West Rd engrance behind the bronze rhino sculpture
5. COSTS & TICKETS
CNY 180 for children aged 3+
Free for adults who accompany their own child
CNY 180 for adults without children
6. DETAILED & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Event facilitated in English and Chinese supported
- Bring your own container to collect plant samples!
- 1 nature guide for 6 participants
- Maximum 12 participants
- Suitable for children age 3-12 and accompanying adults
- Greensteps provides nature journal and drawing boards to all registered participants
- Weather: event takes also place in case of light rain; cancellation only in case of strong rain or storm
- Participants need to wear good sports shoes and appropriate rain/sun/weather protection
7. LEARNING OBJECTIVES
This event is designed with the Greensteps triple focus method to achieve the following aims:
Direct aim: Learn to appreciate and respect the biodiversity of city parks
- Gross motor skills: body control in difficult terrain
- Fine motor skills: manipulate small objects
- Science skills: matching, pairing and classifying objects
- Language: bilingual terminology for local plants and ecology
- Practice: feeling and observing nature in a noninvasive way
- Observation: there are many different families of plants and animals
- Deduction: living things are not restricted to animals
- Change: how children interact with and view nature
- Collaborate with a team
- Listening outside
- Perceive one’s own state of mind in an natural environment
- Listening inside
8. ABOUT GREENSTEPS
At Green Steps we have made it our mission to connect children with nature and develop environmental knowledge. We believe that learning must be fun and as educators, we nurture the curiosity to explore the outdoors. We believe a change in our behavior towards the planet starts by understanding the process that maintains life on it. This change starts when we become aware and responsible of our intimate connection to nature. We teach hands-on natural sciences using the outdoors as a playground and laboratory.
At Green Steps we have further developed the Montessori Method and apply it on nature education. We have designed a triple focus curriculum, which builds simultaneously intrapersonal, interpersonal and ecological intelligence. Instead of forcing children to study indoors, we facilitate learning outdoors. A Chinese proverb pins down our learning approach when applied to nature: Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; let me do it and I’ll understand.
Wusong Park is a geo-strategic ecological crossroad that combines a rich biodiversity with convenient access from downtown.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.